Plastic molds, please release me...

Hello embed makers:wave: ! Just wondering if anyone has a preffered release method to use with plastic embed molds? I saw someone post recently that I believe used these kinds of molds and their finished product was pristine.

Also, I have some that are older with a bit of build up. Trying to figure out if I can clean these up without damaging them or should I just pitch them out?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Just a note of caution, don't try the heat gun on your plastic molds unless you like more of a Picasso look to your embedssanta emba

Thanks!

I use a paint scraper to get everything that's on the outside portion of the mold clean..and then I too use really hot water..no boiling but hot hot..I keep dipping the mold until everything losens..then let it air dry overnight. You can also put them on a pizza tray in a low oven..stand right by the oven and keep checking. If you put the empty molds in the freezer you can usually chip off most of the leftover wax and then just dip what's left in the mold in hot water.

Thanks Comfortscents, I had tried the oven once before and ruined one of my gingerbread boy molds :( . Maybe they stayed in just a sminch too long. I am having the best luck with freezing, but still working on residual goop left behind....Wondering if anyone tried googone on theirs?