**What kind of wick would you suggest for a soy and beeswax 50/50 mix?**

karen lynn

I have been using the large cotton wicks for my 16oz jars but they seem to drown out and have a very low flame..I need some help on finding a good burning wick for my candles.I like the cotton wicks because they have no lead,can anyone PLEASE suggest which wick they use for soy?Mine currently isn't getting all of the wax from the sides of the jars when lit..Thanks!

Since I don't know the width of your 16 oz. jars, I'm guessing it's probably 3" or more and probably needs to be double wicked. I use LX, so that's all I can recommend........probably start with (2) LX14's and go up or down from there. :cool2:

Beeswax burns very, very hot and is not suitable in large amounts in containers, IMO. That being said, you would need something like a large square braid wick to burn in this container and would most likely need double wicks. BTW, none of the wick manufacturers I know of sell lead wicks anymore.