Where in the world could I find cups like this?

whiffandsniff

Wygen, do you think Polypropolene means #5?? I looked at the site you order from and saw the "polypropolene." I will definitely order from them the next time. They are more expensive than my #6s I get from Sams, but if they will hold up to the FO, I think they are worth it. Sorry, I just didn't think they made them. Carole

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugtussle- I was curious about this because I used to know what the #'s mean, something about the higher the # the harder to recycle. So I looked it up and that seems to be right. Soda Bottles are 1 and easy to recycle, it goes up to 7 and it says it is near impossible-inefficient to recycle. The reason I speak of recycle-ability is because the harder to recycle it the slower the breakdown- the more resistent. So 6 instead of five 'should' be ok in that manner of reasoning...(even though you will still want to take into consideration that someone here in this thread said a 6 still leaked)... but to answer your q -the website I just read did in fact label #5 as Polypropylene. It wouldn't let me right click, but it actually said: Polypropylene (#5) and then went on to describe it's common uses and basic make up. So you guessed right.

Ok, i'm going to retract my assumption that the higher # means more resistant. I kept reading and technically, it refers to USEFULNESS in the recycling world, not exactly resistence to recycling. For instance as I stated a soda bottle is a one, ... pretty tough... but a bread bag is a 4. A soda bottle can be made into carpet and outdoor wear. Where as a bread bag is so light that it takes more energy to transport it to a recycle center- than to start with raw material. The point is to encourage you to buy the lowest # possible for these reasons. The highest #- 7- is already made up of different plastics and therefore has served it's use and can't be broken down for continued use in a cost effective way. So a high # won't NECESSARILLY tell you resistence to something like FO... as I thought, lol. My bad. :o

Wygen, do you think Polypropolene means #5?? I looked at the site you order from and saw the "polypropolene." I will definitely order from them the next time. They are more expensive than my #6s I get from Sams, but if they will hold up to the FO, I think they are worth it. Sorry, I just didn't think they made them. Carole

I emailed and asked the company before I ordered if the polypro cups had a #5 on them, or what markings were on the bottom. They told me that it had the 5 along with a "pp" under it- I'm going to assume that pp stands for polypropylene but I don't know. The ones my Sam's sell are much cheaper too-ours sells the solo brand and after looking around and asking questions from different suppliers, I was told solo's cups are polystyrene. I'm not sure what that means in terms of durability and scent retention, but I figured the #5 and polypropylene was a much better option. HTH!

• 1 month later...
I think these cups would be great but how in the world would you label such a small container? What labeling do you use besides a warning label or is that all you use?

Probably a small round label on top of the lid. Or package a few of them in a cello bag and label that. I think it would be cute tied up with a ribbon or raffia.

I think these cups would be great but how in the world would you label such a small container? What labeling do you use besides a warning label or is that all you use?

I use the 1.67 inch round labels from Online Labels on the top. For my warning label I use a 1x2 5/8 label cut in half on the inside of the lid. HTH!

Hmmm, I've spent the past month pouring more than a dozen different scents into the 1-oz. and 2-oz. cups with no problems at all, and they are a "Dart" brand with a number 2 on the larger and no number at all on the smaller. But I'm using a para-soy container blend, poured fairly cool over chunks. I wonder if that's the difference? They seem to be working just fine so far, with no degradation and no loss of scent. I haven't poured any vanilla, though.

• 4 months later...