Help me please someone with cleaning Moulds

:confused:Hi, Can anyone advise me of a good way to clean my polycarbonate moulds. I have made a few recently and the wax seems to either come away from the candle or there is a bad surface effect on the candle, kind of like a white dusty effect. I have cleaned the mould out with hot water and dryed it with paper towel while the mould is still hot, this seems to take of the remaining wax. I have double checked my candle formula and reused the candles that did work, the wax appears to be fine when put in a diffrent mould, I have only managed to make 1 perfect candle and that was the first one. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks

I think warm, soapy water is about the best thing for the polys. I wouldn't suggest blasting it with heat as it will warp. Maybe before you remove your candles you could give it a good soak in cold water first. I was thinking some I have from England said to clean with mineral spirits, but I cannot find those directions to help you out much at all on using that.

I have tryed washing it in soapy water, heating it in the oven befor pouring, which did kind of work. Unfortunately part of my candle is still sticking to the mould, I have used water baths for cooling, i also lightly oiled the inside but i just cant get a perfect finish. Not all of the candle is damaged just the pointed edges, it is a triplet mould. The picture is the dreaded candle:smiley2: I am starting to think i should just buy another mould. I think that i have done something to it, i just cant figure out what. HELP

mcandle.JPG

mcandle.jpg

Might have damaged it with heat or fragrance. Polys and FOs don't tango ;)

I don't know what type of heat, but that could have hurt the surface. You could let the business where you bought from know of the issues you're having. They might have a better suggestion.

I will say, I used to get about 5 uses out of a poly before they bit the dirt. I have to remind myself that polys and I don't tango well together either. There are such unique and great shapes out there, but I need life out of my molds.

Thanks Scented. I have contacted the supplier and they told me to try heating the mould and cleaning it with a very soft cloth. Also to try silicone spray as well. I tried all of the above and I still have the same problem. I think I have killed my mould. only used it twice and got it perfect first time round, wish i new what i did wrong second time. I bought it because polys are the biggest cheapest range that I can get in the UK, all other moulds are very expensive and there is not alot of variety, unfortunately. O well better luck next time:smiley2: