Small Claims Court

andrealh1975

The lady has been denied space, the show is next month.

I would double check with the Prosecutor in your area and make sure what you can collect and what you can't. The fact that you have denied her space means she will have no benefit for the entry fees you are attempting to collect. Because the show is not until next month, there is a good argument that you would be able to lease her space to someone else and not incur any financial loss as a result.

I'm guessing you would only be entitled to any OD/bank fees as a result of the NSF check, not the amount of the entry fee. JMHO.

I guess whether she can keep the money depends on what's in her contract, but you raise a good point I hadn't thought of.

If that space goes unsold she should be entitled to all of the funds because she can say she reserved it for the check bouncer when it could have been sold it to someone else, therefore she lost the full amount of the check.

I definitely WON'T be going on tv!!

She has been denied space in the show and there's no guarantee I'll be able to sell the space. Once vendors knew there were no more spaces left, they started getting into other shows for that day. If I can find someone who wants her space she'll still have to take care of all the fees, etc.

Oh, you shouldn't deny her space. Let her show up the day of the show with all of her cargo, walk into the building with it and tell her then she can't be in the show. It's kind of like presenting you with a check for money and then saying--opps, you can't have it afterall. Seems fair.