Increased FO/wick issues for GL's 70/30

I posted this on GL's board as well and heard back from admin but wanted to also get some feedback here as well...the smart gal I am thought if I raised my FO I could get a little bit better throw in all my candles. Well now I'm noticing I'm not getting a FMP like I was before with 1/2 the FO added (went from a 6% to a 12% load because GL's 70/30 will hold that amount). The wick isn't drowning out but if defintely is working hard and not reaching the sides like before. I did change batches of wax at the same time too...in your opinion could it be a new batch of wax causing the issue or is it obvious that it's the increased fragrance load? TIA!

If you aren't happy with the throw you are getting, it might just be the fo....:wink2: Perhaps instead of doubling the amount you are using, try looking at different fragrances....

But now on to your question....I personally don't think it is gonna be the wax - I understand there might have been some problem a little bit ago but Brenda mentioned that was resolved. You probably will need to wick up with the increased fo load.

What did Brenda tell you her opinion was? Just curious.....

Debbie

Increasing the FO from 6% up to 12% is definatly going to require a larger wick to get the same MP. :D Like smart tart says, if it doesnt throw at 6% then I move on to another FO. If an FO wont throw in the wax Im useing (which is GL's 70/30) then I try another FO instead of uping the amount. I just feel like Im throwing my money away if I have to raise it. JMHO. ;)