EcoSoya throw question..

Dahlia

This is my first post here, hello everyone:yay: ! I just bought 50 lbs. of EcoSoya wax so I hope it is good quality-lol! My question is, does anyone know what the temp. of the wax is supposed to be when adding fragrance? I wasn't getting a good hot throw, so I emailed the company. They replied that soy wax doesn't have a good hot throw, try adding the fragrance right before you pour so it doesn't burn off. Is that right?! I thought it had to be heated to a higher temp. so the fo would bond with the wax. If anyone could give me some temp advice I would GREATLY appreciate it:D .

Hello and welcome! I use EcoSoya (which IS an excellent quality) and you do add the fragrance right before you pour (110-130), just make sure that they mixed well in the last minute. As for hot throw it all comes down to the type of fragrance oil you're using and how much you're adding. Just make sure it's a good quality brand. One oz should be enough for every lb of wax but sometimes some fragrance oils require a little more (or even less) than others.

HTH! :)

Wow thanks for the fast replys! It is EcoSoya pure soy CB (what does the CB stand for?) from Wholesale Supplies Plus. That is also where I purchased some fragraces. I got some from Nature's Garden, but I haven't tried those yet. What does the CB135 mean also, I guess I'm clueless!

I use the same brand Ecosoya Pure Soy and I think it has an amazing hot throw! I do add the FO at a low tem with this wax (with CB-135 I add at higher temps).

With Pure Soy I add FO at 120 and mix mix. Then I pour slushy or cloudy. But I have had good results adding FO at 140 as well.

It is VITAL that you get a good FO supplier for testing. I just got a batch of FO from an unreputable supplier and they were horrible. When I used good quality tried and tested FO they were wonderful.

Also, I add 3T. Stearic PP to the pure soy to make it harder.

I also found that RRD wicks work well.

Feel free to contact me since I am a lover of this wax.

I just got a bunch of CB135 I am playing with and it is lovely too.

Good luck!

Ilona

PS I know it is tricky. But worth it.