Tart ? How long should they last

How many hours should a tart put out an acceptable amount of scent? I have some customers that think they should be able to go through 3, 4, 5 tealights and still have scent. I have explained how tarts are not consumable like a candle. And the explanation that the wax is merely the vessel for the oil to be burned in a safe matter because of the concentration of the oil. FP, etc. Maybe someone can give me a good explanation to them to pass on. TIA

I want to say to them "What do you want for $.75?' But I bite my tongue.

I find that it all depends on the FO. I have had some last for days and others only seem to last hours.

I agree. We carry some scents that will last only 15 hours (of course this is all at one time) and some that seem to last 24+. It all depends on how long they burn them too. Now the ones that last 24 and on may not be as strong as when they first started but you can still smell them.

HTH

You might want to check yank##'s website but I THINK they say 15 hours for their tarts. So your customers are getting a bargain compared to what they would pay for theirs. Gotta agree too that some of mine will last a couple of days and are still strong while others are great the first time in the melter going all day and then the next day considerably weaker.

Maggie

I guess I didn't ask the question correctly. I am aware how long a tart can be expected to produce scent. Differents FOs producing lighter or heavier scent. If your customer asks you how long will your tart produce scent, how do you answer them? Do you go into a big explanation of the oil, scent load, etc.? Can I just give them a simple answer. Average hour length. I know most of my tarts will give scent for at least 15-20 hours. Some longer. I had a customer state that on third tealight burn she just couldn't get a scent any more. I am not talking the third time she burned the same tealight. I am talking the third tealight. She sounded PO'd. Like I said I want to say what do you expect for $.75? :lipsrseal

I guess I didn't ask the question correctly. I am aware how long a tart can be expected to produce scent. Differents FOs producing lighter or heavier scent. If your customer asks you how long will your tart produce scent, how do you answer them? Do you go into a big explanation of the oil, scent load, etc.? Can I just give them a simple answer. Average hour length. I know most of my tarts will give scent for at least 15-20 hours. Some longer. I had a customer state that on third tealight burn she just couldn't get a scent any more. I am not talking the third time she burned the same tealight. I am talking the third tealight. She sounded PO'd. Like I said I want to say what do you expect for $.75? :lipsrseal

I think that is the best answer you can give. You don't need to go into technical detail, they won't understand anyway.