Different Molds

I was wondering if someone would know what is going on with my wax...I don't know what kind it is...It's something my husband bought and the guy he bought it from didn't know anything about it but I have been playing with it...I poured some candles and didn't like the wicks so I melted them and poured them into molds...Now I have some round plastic molds and some metal molds and I used both to pour the wax until I am ready to do something else with it...I just unmolded them all and found that the metal molds the wax has a whiteish spotting on the outside and from the plastic molds there is no spotting...Why would this wax come out different in different types of molds...It also has the spotting in glass jars....

I usually don't chime in on these things, but I am only going to say that you really must know about your wax before using it. There are flash points to wax, and there are waxes for containers and waxes for molds. My suggestion is to buy some wax from a supplier that way you would know what you are messing with. I know this isn't the answer you were wanting, but it's the safest.

Post a picture, because I'm thinking you've got a wax that will mottle, but that's not always the case. Not knowing more about the wax is a stumbling block, but not one that can't be overcome eventually.

However, it may not be mottling and could be something else, thus a picture would help.

Adding that blemish could be a touch of fingernailing trying to start up.

Here is a picture of both of them...The round one is from a plastic mold and the tall one is from a metal mold (sheet metal I think) ...They were both poured at the same time with the same wax and removed at the same time with same method...

candle.jpg

Well the one on the right looks like mottling. The other looks like a blemish despite what you said lol. If you want, add a touch of vybar to the one you pour in the round mold. Add more vybar to what you pour in the metal mold. Vybar 103 will kill the mottling look and help to fix that little white spot. It should anyway. You shouldn't have to go above 1/4 or maybe even 1/8th of a tsp.