Why is this happening?

Hi I am using soy wax 120 with a 3% additive of palm steric. I also am adding about 10% fragrance. I am pouring into 8 and 14 oz hourglass shaped jars, and during curing, there seems to be air pockets forming all away around the sides. We tried heating the jars, and they still did it. Is this happening because we are adding to much scent?

Thanks!

Greg

wetspots are where the wax pulls away from the container....I'm sure there is some technical name but if you do a search for 'wetspots' I think you will find lots of information and real or imagined cures.....my philosophy is to ignore them! You may not have them today, but they could pop up tomorrow, or next week or.....Some people say they have found some waxes that do not create wet spots.....I've never seen it.....:)

LOL Wetspots are where the wax does not adhere to the glass or pulls away from it. They are called wetspots since that is what it looks like. Nothing to worry about. Look at candles in stores - they have them too. You just probably never noticed them but now that you are pouring candles, you will notice things like that. They irritate the chandler more than the customer. Sometimes allowing to slowly cool can stop them or warming your jars. I personally don't warm my jars - never had and never will.