Pics of the petrified soap!!

Michi

Here it is just after I poured it into the mold I was telling you about in the other post:

justpouredpetrifiedsoap.jpg

The side of the mold:

justpouredpetrifiedsoap2.jpg

Ok, this was poured on Sat. night late, and I unmolded it Sunday night, which usually my soaps are still pretty soft at this point, well check this out!! :shocked2:

petrifiedsoap1.jpg

petrifiedsoap2.jpg

What do you think? Ever seen anything like it? Do you think it can be saved? If so, how?? Or should I just toss it out??

NO FO in this soap (well except the cubes and they are scented with spiced pumpkin from The Soap Dish, so I KNOW they are safe ;) ).

I could have sworn I weighed the lye correctly, but heck anything's possible with me! LOL

It's a two piece poly large square embed mold.

I threw it away. :( Although it broke my heart to do it, there was just NO way I would ever be able to cut it, to even rebatch it, I would have had to smash it with a hammer or something.

It just wasn't worth it to me, although I was bummed that I used all my leftover pumpkin spice chunks for it.

I used the same oils and recipe that I used Friday night, and that soap is still soooo soft I could barely cut it TODAY.

Who knows??? LOL

Oh well, I'm gonna try that mold again and "see".