how many times do you test a candle before selling?

so I saw that someone tested a single candle and fo 5 times, omg I only test twice in 2 diff conditions for wax fo wick jar , I test the same candle twice, is what I mean? I ve been making candles for over 2 years now and I didnt start selling until recently, i mean omg I tested like crazy for two years, but now 2xs before I sell, Im I wrong:cry2: I feel very knowlegable about my candles, of course there is more to learn with everything, so whats your opinion on the matter?

Maybe the other person tests 5 times per scent because they are not good at what they do? :D LOL. Nahh, just kidding, but honestly if you are confident with your results, than you are doing fine. I have some scents I get right from the first try, and some scents I have to test several times before I find the right variables. It's all relative. The main thing is you tested for a couple years before you started selling, instead of testing for a couple days and selling in a couple weeks. I wouldn't change what I did just from one person's post.

Your welcome.

Seattle is gorgeous, the colors are starting to change in the trees......love the changing of the seasons. That is too bad your old man hates snow, it really is peaceful in the winter, nothing like a long walk in the snow. Tho' we sure don't get much in the Emerald City. I have family in the East side of the state and they get quite a bit of snow there.

I need to start getting other *chandlers* to test new scents for me. I had one complain that she thought I'd underwicked a candle she bought. But in my testing notes, I got a FMP and a clean burn every time I test-burned. :( I always do, or I don't send it out! Maybe her burning style and conditions were just different from mine; it's hard to know. Or maybe I grabbed the wrong wick size on that particular batch?? :shocked2:

I did have one supplier send me the wrong size wick once. :sad2: That was a nightmare, I tell ya!

Edited to fix a boo-boo!

oh that would have been terrible, I had honeydew melon sent instead of honeysuckle once but that was easy to detect, unlike the wick problem. we should get other chandlers to test for each other. some of my customers dont know a thing about candles and dont read the warning label. and one that I had switched to my candles from yankmee didnt even realize that tunneling was bad, i mean this poor women only burned about 70% of the candle with the 30percent still stuck to the side and didnt even realize that she could buy candles that didnt do that:shocked2:

I also test until I am happy...then I get my friends or family to test too and tell me what they honestly think. Sometimes there are still tweaks I have to work out...and they dont beat around the bush about it either...lol

It is also important to quality test every new batch of wax you get in. Wax can change from batch to batch which can throw off your wicking. I don't test every candle and FO with each new batch but do test a candle here and there just to assure myself I am still O.K.