I made petrified soap!!!

Michi

I made this soap last night. I cut up some chunks from the pumpkin spice soap I had made a couple of weeks ago, and then just made a one pound batch of plain unscented uncolored soap, added the chunks in and then poured it into the mold last night, and went to unmold it tonight, and I'm tellin' you, it is rock hard, like it's petrified!! :shocked2:

What's really wierd is that I made this same recipe the night before (Friday Night), with colorants and FO, and it's STILL so soft I can't unmold it. ???

The only thing different about the "petrified soap" is that I made it in a different mold, it's a two piece square mold, that has clips to hold it together and it has to be poured on it's end, so I stuck the mold in a plastic pitcher so it would stand stable, and poured the mixture in there.

I will take pics. of it in the morning- I tried cutting it, and it just shattered a big hunk off, and little shards everywhere!!

Oh and the pumpkin chunks inside are still kinda soft-well soft compared to the surrounding soap. LOL

I've never seen anything like it!!

It's in the trash Sara!! ;) LOL

I hated to throw it away (all my soaping oils are precious to me), but there was definitely something wrong with that soap-I've never ever seen/heard about a soap that hard, it was freaky!! :shocked2:

Did you see the pics. of it in the gallery?? FREAKY!!