Peak Hollyberry & Ivy

wilsonswix

Hi all!! I just got an order from Peak and they sent me the new Hollyberry and Ivy as a free sample. Anyone try this?

I've smelled it OOB, my BF & daughter all think it smells like the same thing.... used cat litterbox. Did I get a bad batch, or is it really icky?

Im a little hesitant to put in wax for fear that all the neighborhood cats might think this is the place to go!! LOL

TIA

Hi all!! I just got an order from Peak and they sent me the new Hollyberry and Ivy as a free sample. Anyone try this?

I've smelled it OOB, my BF & daughter all think it smells like the same thing.... used cat litterbox. Did I get a bad batch, or is it really icky?

Im a little hesitant to put in wax for fear that all the neighborhood cats might think this is the place to go!! LOL

TIA

LOL! DITTO! I got this as a free sample with my order...and wow, it's bad, I think it kinda smells like BO. Poured some votives with it to see if it was any better in wax, and it really wasnt....

OMG!!! Thats is to funny. I also got a free sample of this but could not get past the OOb scent to actually pour it into anything..LOL!!! I also think it smells like B.O. Glad to know it was just not me. I was to embarrased to ask what anyone else thought!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but I had to revive it - I just poured some hollyberry & ivy - granted, it is a VERY tart smell, but I have to disagree that it smells like litterboxes (I have three cats) - Wasn't crazy about it oob, and now that it's poured I'm still unsure, though it seems to be growing on me? I'll have to see how it smells while burning to make my final decision...any others care to chime in? I have to admit, though, if I was shopping for candles, I probably wouldn't pick this one up. :undecided

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but I had to revive it - I just poured some hollyberry & ivy - granted, it is a VERY tart smell, but I have to disagree that it smells like litterboxes (I have three cats) - Wasn't crazy about it oob, and now that it's poured I'm still unsure, though it seems to be growing on me? I'll have to see how it smells while burning to make my final decision...any others care to chime in? I have to admit, though, if I was shopping for candles, I probably wouldn't pick this one up. :undecided

I didn't get past the OOB scent. I have seen them on your post in the gallery, they look nice!! Maybe they will grow on you. Kind of like when you bring home eucalyptus, and it's too strong. After awhile it mellows. Might give it a try. Thanks for actually testing it in wax LOL!!

I didn't get past the OOB scent. I have seen them on your post in the gallery, they look nice!! Maybe they will grow on you. Kind of like when you bring home eucalyptus, and it's too strong. After awhile it mellows. Might give it a try. Thanks for actually testing it in wax LOL!!

lol you're welcome - although once I saw someone comparing it to cat pee, it's hard to get past! - My mom doesn't hate it, and wants me to burn it to be sure, so within the next few days I'll get it wicked and burn it and report back :)