Best Candle I ever Made

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not, but just had to share the results of a candle I made with ICS PINK Sugar. I just started using 6006 wax and was using the zinc wicks, which I probably still will, cause I really like them. But I had gotten a sample pack of the LX's and read a lot of old post on this board{VERY HELPFUL}. Anyway, I used a 16 oz. apothecary jar, the 6006 wax, and 1LX-24 wick. By the third burn, I am getting a full melt pool, and no soot. While I wasn't actually testing for scent throw, cause my main concern was the wick, I gotta tell you, this is throwing like crazy, and I just made it yesterday. Somedays are good.

Thank you for posting this Donnamac. I have been trying to wick the 16 oz apoth for a while now with 6006. I went by the wicking suggestions on the CS site where I bought the wax. Have been through several scents (including Pink Sugar) with each of the wicks suggested with no luck. The LX 24 wasn't on the list, but I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow if I have time.

I've been burning 6006 in 8 oz jj that I poured last weekend. I'm getting a very good burn, no soot, no hangup, etc. in all of them. The best scent throw is from the one wicked with a 52-32-18Z for some reason. All of them are scented with AH Country Christmas.

But I had gotten a sample pack of the LX's and read a lot of old post on this board{VERY HELPFUL}.

Researching, reading old posts, taking notes while you read, can save you an amazing amount of money! I read for months before buying my first supplies, and made good decisions based on the expertise from this board.

I know that many take offense when told to "search" but it really is the best learning tool here and can save a new member so much time and money.

I absolutell agree with you. Me, I did just the opposite and spent a ton of money, then asked, I learned the hard way. That has been for about 6 years, now I just go stright to search and read and read and read some more. I thas been a God Send to me on more than one occasion. I love this board.

P.S. I still ask questions when I am really stumped.