My first Gel Candle

Angie B

Your chunk candle looks great...very nice!

As for your rustic, it looks nice also and a few small air bubbles shouldn't be a big deal. Pouring slower starting at the top edge of the mold and letting the wax run all the way down the side can reduce air bubbles. Or putting something like a clean paint stick in the mold and letting the pouring wax glide down that to the bottom can reduce splattering and air bubbles.

Air pockets is a different story. Always poke relief holes in pillars to let the air escape as the wax cools and shrinks. What kind of wax did you use for that candle. Was it a straight full refined paraffin or a blend?

As for your question about ice candles, "how do they burn?"

Burn one of them and see for yourself is the best answer that I can give. :)

p.s. your presentation with the fall leaves is vey nice also.

I use straight paraffin wax..I tried the soy/paraffin & wasnt to happy with it. Great tip on pouring methods..i'll try that next time.

Ice candles..i had one & tried burning it & well it didnt do all that good & thats why I asked..do they usually burn right? Cause mine didnt. But i did hear about using tapers in center of crushed ice & so you actualy jsut burn the taper. You can exchange the tapers out as well. I'm gonna try that too.