Oakmoss EO Fans?

Brenda

Recently I purchased a small bottle of oakmoss EO. I'm a great fan of this scent and enjoyed the oakmoss FO I had purchased recently from SweetCakes. The difference in scent intensity between the FO and the EO was amazing. Oh, my!

Tonight I mixed a little sandalwood FO (also from SweetCakes) with a touch of the viscous oakmoss EO and a little vetiver Haitian EO from Scent Works. It is absolutely fantastic! If only I had the real sandalwood...:sad2:

I love this combination. I think I might splurge with these and make a small batch of shaving soap with these scents. The small amount I mixed up now resides in lotion and a cyclo spray bottle.

Any other oakmoss fans out there with great combinations?

Just recently started playing with Oakmoss. Got some from BB but haven't tried any other brands yet. I blended Indian Sandalwood & Oakmoss with just a touch of Jasmine (FOs)in M&P and really like it...currently addicted to the Indian Sandalwood;)

When I first got the Oakmoss, I wasn't real crazy about the OOB but after sniffing the bottle over and over for a couple weeks, it started growing on me.

I haven't played with that one yet, but just might have to now. Pam W, where do you find Indian Sandalwood? That sounds wonderful!

Should have been more clear -- the Indian Sandalwood is from Bramble Berry but isn't an EO but FO. I've yet to delve into EOs....but soon. Brenda is asking about EOs so I don't want to confuse the thread. Just wanted to share the combo of Ind. S'wood & Oakmoss.

I would LOVE to have Sandalwood East Indian EO! If you visit this link to New Directions it's easy to see why I don't have any: http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/sandalwood-east-indian-essential-oil-p-344.html

I'm sure a little goes a long way, but it's too rich for my budget. I guess I'll just stick with SweetCakes FO version for this scent.

Hey..the Sandalwood Australian is cheaper, right? ;) I could sell my car and buy a pound!

Everything you all have mentioned sounds wonderful! :cheesy2: I've got some vanilla essential oil on order (tiny bit) and I'm anxious to see what it is like.

I love Oakmoss as well. Brambleberry has an awesome combo called Tuberosemoss. One of my all time favorites, such a beautiful scent.

I got a sample of the tuberose moss in my last order -- used it all (the whole teeny-tiny bottle) in a candle but will have to order more for B&B stuff. BB is going to discontinue the Oakmoss so I'll be looking for a replacement when my 8oz bottle is gone :cry2:

I got a sample of the tuberose moss in my last order -- used it all (the whole teeny-tiny bottle) in a candle but will have to order more for B&B stuff. BB is going to discontinue the Oakmoss so I'll be looking for a replacement when my 8oz bottle is gone :cry2:

You will have to then try Oregon Trails Oakmoss. I belive they call it Absolutley Awesome Oakmoss. :wink2:

I would LOVE to have Sandalwood East Indian EO! If you visit this link to New Directions it's easy to see why I don't have any: http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/sandalwood-east-indian-essential-oil-p-344.html

I'm sure a little goes a long way, but it's too rich for my budget. I guess I'll just stick with SweetCakes FO version for this scent.

Hey..the Sandalwood Australian is cheaper, right? ;) I could sell my car and buy a pound!

Everything you all have mentioned sounds wonderful! :cheesy2: I've got some vanilla essential oil on order (tiny bit) and I'm anxious to see what it is like.

I hear ya girlie, I'd have to sell my soul to afford some of this stuff, and believe me I've been searching and searching for a good/decent price. ;)

I had a small one ounce bottle of sandalwood EO that smelled heavenly, and I used it all up in some lotion and bath gel for my best friend, cuz she's such a sandalwood ho-she's been wearing only sandalwood oil for years and years and years (over 20 years). I made it for her birthday and put "Limited Edition-Private Collection" on the labels. ;)

The bit that I had was from Wellington I believe, and although it smelled pretty strong OOB, it didn't go very far unfortunately. :(

If you ever find any for a decent price, would ya/could ya let me know? I'd love to get some more.

Back on topic, I've only had a sniffie of an oakmoss FO, never the EO, is it really different than the FO?? Did you find it stronger?

Yummm that tuberose moss sounds good!

Back on topic, I've only had a sniffie of an oakmoss FO, never the EO, is it really different than the FO?? Did you find it stronger?

I find it very different, much stronger. To my nose the EO (which is dark and extremely viscous) is rich, strong, and very aromatic - the small amount I have is so thick that no pouring is possible. Molassas-like, but thicker. I'm hooked... I grabbed my bottle of oakmoss FO and the one ounce bottle of the real stuff. It's like comparing a bottle of vanilla extract from the grocery store to the a vanilla bean pod when split open. You would love how strong it is - a tiny amount is all you need. I scented 4 bottles of lotion with just a tiny amount in combination with my other EO and FO. Worth the extra cost for B&B for sure! I'm curious if the consistency of it varies between suppliers.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for sandalwood prices. :cheesy2: