"100% soy wax" on eBay?

A seller at eBay is offering "100% soy" (so they say) wax. When I wrote and asked them the brand name, they told me they do not need to disclose that info. Well, I'm a novice...what do I know...maybe they're correct in withholding that info. But it makes me suspicious that it might not even be "100% soy". Does anyone buy soy wax from eBay? And, if so, does it matter that you don't know the brand?

Don't buy things from ebay if you want to be serious about your supplies.

Stick to the suppliers listed on this board or do a search here for 100% soy wax.

www.naturesgardencandles.com has a great 100% soy & I know of a couple more suppliers that are mentioned here on a daily basis that have great soy as well.

Check out the search feature - it is definitely one of the easiest search features I have used :)

Don't buy things from ebay if you want to be serious about your supplies.

Thanks :smiley2: I've purchased from BCN but as I was on eBay looking for a 'heat gun', I ran across this "100% soy" listing and got curious. I couldn't figure out why anyone could sell something like this without giving more detail (in fact, refusing to!)..other than stating that it was "100% soy". But...since I'm new at this, I'm going to ask lots of questions. Thanks for your answer :highfive:

When I first decided to try making soy container candles, I looked on ebay. I got lucky because I was purchasing from Candle Source. They were so nice. I asked the seller a couple of questions. He even called me to help me with my order.

The next time I wanted some soy was a whole different story. I still didn't know much of anything (and still don't) and had no idea all soy wax wasn't created equal. I got a bag of total shit. I emailed the seller and got no response. Duh.

Luckily, I stumbled across this board while searching trying to find out what to do with my bag of shit. I knew then how lucky I was to have made my first purchase from CS. Or maybe I wasn't so lucky. If I had gotten the bag of shit first, I would have never attempted another candle and saved thousands of $$.

I also learned some expensive lessons about fo's from ebay.

When I first decided to try making soy container candles, I looked on ebay. I got lucky because I was purchasing from Candle Source. They were so nice. I asked the seller a couple of questions. He even called me to help me with my order.

The next time I wanted some soy was a whole different story. I still didn't know much of anything (and still don't) and had no idea all soy wax wasn't created equal. I got a bag of total shit. I emailed the seller and got no response. Duh.

Luckily, I stumbled across this board while searching trying to find out what to do with my bag of shit. I knew then how lucky I was to have made my first purchase from CS. Or maybe I wasn't so lucky. If I had gotten the bag of shit first, I would have never attempted another candle and saved thousands of $$.

I also learned some expensive lessons about fo's from ebay.

Too funny.....bag of shit!

All lessons are not in vain!