orders & shipping

jennifer

What type of order form do you use at craft shows? I was in wal-mart looking at their 3 part sales/order books thinking that those may work best because they have 1 part for me, 1 part for the customer, and 1 part to ship with the order.

Then as far as shipping has anyone ever shipped aroma bead air fresheners (ornies)? If so what kind of shipper did you use? a padded envelope? a cardboard do-not-bend envelope? a small box?

I'm doing my first craft show soon and am curious of methods that people have used that worked or did not work so give me your examples of both.

Thanks!

I don't take orders at craft shows, I just take x amount of product to sell and make sure that I have enough on hand. If I do run out of an item, I tell them to order online and will get it shipped out as soon as possible.

Hopefully this is what you are asking about. If not can you clarify? :D

That does help, but I don't have a website and probably won't have one for a little while yet. And since this is a out of town show & my products are only offered in locations that are 30 minutes and 75 minutes away from the show location I thought that I might take orders in case I ran out of something.

I do however have a phone and e-mail address where someone could contact me....

Does that help clarify what I'm asking?

If you are going to be shipping then I think your three part form sounds great for taking orders. Then all your ducks would be in a row when the paperwork comes around. Since you have your phone number and such available to them you should be covered. Just my opinion though.

I would also make a brochure type ordering form, so that they can mail you and request your products. Have pictures of products that you sell so that they remember what they saw at your booth. Maybe also give them an incentive like a percent off their order, half shipping or free shipping. This will make people want to come and order from you more often.

Like Stacey J said the three part would be great. You could use one for your copy, one for one the spot copy and the third one to put in with the order when you ship your item.

You can take orders.. but what about payment? How do you know what it will be to ship the items they order? If you do credit cards, you can get that info, call/email them to let them know the charges then bill their card. But what if they pay cash or write a check? I'd want payment in full before I ship and that might mean waiting for them to send you additional funds. Just some things to think about....

You can take orders.. but what about payment? How do you know what it will be to ship the items they order? If you do credit cards, you can get that info, call/email them to let them know the charges then bill their card. But what if they pay cash or write a check? I'd want payment in full before I ship and that might mean waiting for them to send you additional funds. Just some things to think about....

Actually I was figuring that I would get payment up front similar to how you would an internet order. As far as figuring shipping well I thought that I could pre-weigh things at my shop so I know approximate shipping weights then using that I then can use the postal shipping charts at www.usps.com. For priority there's always the flat rate stuff and for first class it's the same no matter where it goes it just depends on weight, so if I figure an ounce or two above what I need then that covers shipping, it's just the packaging that I need to figure out. If for some reason shipping/handling goes a little over what i collect, well I do have extra cost built into the price of the products that should cover the extra.

Has anyone tried this method? Did it work?

Actually I have a register that I can use free of charge cause my family doesn't need it any more...we owned a bowling center but had to close and still have many of the things from the center left. I'm not really worried about the actual sales at the show, just about orders. But thanks for pointing out that I can program everything in, we never did use PLUs there just dept #s so I didn't remember that.