Would this be a good Presto pot for melting wax?

If I were you, I'd just got to your local Walmart and pick one up...they were only 19.99, last I knew. By the way, Presto Pots are also called Kitchen Kettles and you can find them over by the coffee makers and toasters...at least that's where they were when I got mine.

I looked on ebay as well for a presto before I went ahead and bought one from wal-mart just recently. The bids (plus shipping cost) were always higher than wal-mart's $22. This one from ebay does have a spigot attached to it which could make for easy pouring unlike wm's, but I find that mine works quite well without a spigot! Just depends how much you want to pay for the small convenience. Hope that helps!!

If you are planning on doing a lot of candles, you might want to keep an eye open for Turkey Roasters this time of year. They are great for melting larger batches of wax. I never hooked up a spigot on my presto pots, I just got a large commercial soup ladle and that works great.

Also, thrift shops are great for finding presto pots. I got 4 of them that way and didn't pay over $ 5.00 for any of them.

you are best going to wall mart and buying one there,i just click on this link and for them to ship it to me was 23.00 wow you better check shipping before you place your bid. imo.