Mold Release

escentiallysoy

Hi Jewel,

The best releasing I know of is to stick your molds in the freezer for about 10 to 20 minutes after your melted soap in the molds has come down to room temp. This always works great for me and I use no releasing agents in my MP molds at all. Just the heat from my own hands when they are wrapped around the ice cold mold cavity is enough to cause the soap to form an air bubble between it and the side of the mold that will help it to release quite easilly when slight pressure is applied.

I know some people don't like to put their soaps in the freezer because of the sweating issue, though. I live in a very dry climate and so I've never had to deal with my soaps sweating except for that first 10 minutes fresh out of the mold. After that, they are high and dry and then I shrink-wrap them.

If you have sweating issues, the next best thing IMO is to line your molds with a light coating of mineral oil. I actually use mineral oil as a releasing agent for my CP soap when I pour it into my 3# plastic container, and it always slips right out with no problems at all. You may want to try that and see what happens. If there's any residual mineral oil on your soap, just do what I do with my CP- spray the finished soap with alcohol, lighty rub it off with a lint-free cloth, and let dry. HTH! :)

MarieJeanette

• 1 month later...