Need input on Treasure Candles

Ugger

My DH and I are into Volkswagens and I make Jewelry and beaded charms.My question is I have a bunch of VW Bug Charms and would like to make Treasure Candles will the fragrance eat or rust the charm.There not tin so I don't think they will.I have a all natural cotton twine to wick with any suggestions on if I should coat the cotton wick in wax or will the wax from the pour be suff?Hope this isn't to confusing.I did do a test burn with the same type of wick and it burned great ,nice pool,wick didn't droop was pleased my main concern is the rusting of the charm.Thank You

Hi. It's probably a good idea to prime your wick in the wax you'll be using for your treasure candle. As for the charms, the only way you'll know for sure is to test it for yourself. I don't know how long you'd have to leave the charm in the candle to be certain it wasn't going to rust but surely after a month or so you'd have some reaction if you were going to get one. Hope that makes sense. Good luck.