Colored Bottles

Tina J

I have found that some products will discolor, in the colored plastic bottles. The product eats into the bottle and the color of the bottle gets into the product.

I would suggest you package in a colored bottle then let it set for months and see if you have a reaction. Sure it's a long time to test but you don't want to sell a product that will discolor over time.

I have found that some products will discolor, in the colored plastic bottles. The product eats into the bottle and the color of the bottle gets into the product.

I would suggest you package in a colored bottle then let it set for months and see if you have a reaction. Sure it's a long time to test but you don't want to sell a product that will discolor over time.

Have you tested the cobalt blue bottles? I am partial to them... dont make anything to bottle atm, but for future reference.

Also, got a VS gift of lotion, body spray and body wash a while ago and it looks like the voilet bottles listed on the website above - do they sell their products so quick that it dosent react?? Anyone know? lol Just curious. :confused: Sandy

WOW!! I have been looking all over for 8oz colored bottles!! Found them at the Scent Works (I think) and they are sold out and not backordering the cranberry and orange ones. These guys don't have the cranberry in the 8oz tho........anyone know of any other places with colored bottles?? Looking for 8oz boston round......have found purple, blue and green....now the tangarine. Would like to find the 8oz cranberry.

Edited to say I found them at The Scent Works...not Scent Event........either way they are sold out!

Have you tested the cobalt blue bottles? I am partial to them... dont make anything to bottle atm, but for future reference.

Also, got a VS gift of lotion, body spray and body wash a while ago and it looks like the voilet bottles listed on the website above - do they sell their products so quick that it dosent react?? Anyone know? lol Just curious. :confused: Sandy

No I haven't.

I went to pour some candy corn FO left from last year in PETE Amber bottles and the FO turned an orange color. Scent is fine just the color, now I'm making that scent orange & black and re-naming it.

No I haven't.

I went to pour som candy corn FO left from last year in PETE Amber bottles and the FO turned an orange color. Scent is fine just the color, now I'm making that scent orange & black and re-naming it.

Straight FO? So maybe it's just when you pour it into those colored bottles straight like that that you get the reaction??

I know of quite a few companies (big and small) that use colored bottles for their B&B lines, and I would think they wouldn't if this was happening on a reg. basis, KWIM??

Do they have shrink bands for theese bottles?

Oh and my really dumb question for the day. How do you figure cost per bottle? Do I enter price/ quanity in my calculator or is it quantity/ price.

dyslexia and math do not mix...

Edit because I really should know what is the right word to use for a disorder I have. Specifically, in this case: Dyscalculia

Do they have shrink bands for theese bottles?

Oh and my really dumb question for the day. How do you figure cost per bottle? Do I enter price/ quanity in my calculator or is it quantity/ price.

Dexleia and math do not mix...

quantity goes into price to find unit cost. ;)

I'm sure they make shrink bands for bottles, try MMS/The Sage or Kangaroo Blue.

Thanks Michi.

I promise that I am not that dumb all the time, lol. Math is just a very, very weak point when it comes to my dyslexia. :( Only took me four times to pass college Algebra... I think that is because my professor gave me a few mercy points. heh

So, if I order bottles from this site, how do I find the right size shrink bands?

Edit because DOH, I used the wrong word.