I could smell it before I opened the door!

Kassandra

My first batch of tarts and boy am I pleased! This is my first try at tarts and I couldn't be happier. I'm afraid I might have a serious addiction! I put my tart in the simmer pot at 7:30 before I left for work, and when I arrived home at 2 I could smell the sucker before I even put in the key! Yippie! I am so happy. It was raspberry heaven.... Now, what other scents must I try???:yay:

I know your excitement! I am new at this too and I love it....and yes, it gets addicting.

Right now I am addicted to Pink Sugar (ICS)...can't get enough of it!!:drool: I also am loving frost bite (JS) and SEVERAL great FO's from candle science and the candle source.:rockon: They rock.... I haven't had a bad one yet.

congrats and have fun!

I'm tickled for you that you are loving making melts but I too am concerned that you left it burning in the melter all day while you were at work! You should really make a habit of unplugging your warmer when you leave the house, go to bed at night or are going to be completely out of that room where its in, JUST IN CASE!!

I know from experience using liquid potpourri. I had to run to the store, got stuck in traffic because of a accident, didn't get home till hours later and when I did, the darn thing was smoking because the potpourri liquid had evaporated away and the pot was burning the film left on it! What a mess! I totally forgot to unplug it when I left! I wont do that again............I hope!!

It does sound like you are onto something wonderful that you can enjoy though with your melts!! Keep it up but use safety!!

God Bless,

Lynn

My electric tart warmers stay on 24/7 and have for the last 6 years. They are the same as a 25w lamp but I use wax in mine so it doesn't evaporate. In a couple of them, tin, I don't put anything in just use for a night light. The one that has the name of my busness punched in it, I just put a 7w bulb and some scented rocks. Use it just for show. I tell my customers it's up to them, that mine is on all the time but I make the tarts and can have as many as I want. They have to buy them so if I were them I would turn it off when they are not home or if sleeping since you can't smell them. I think that's what most do.