Bean Pod Candles special formula?

What do you suppose they mean by a stabilized Soy Candle? Are they doing anything different then the rest of us? Has anyone burned on of their candles before? :confused:

100% Stabilized Soy Wax! - Why do manufacturers blend Soy & Paraffin?

*100% SOY is known to lose its fragrance

*100% SOY does not have vibrant colors

*100% SOY turns white over time

BEANPOD CANDLES are 100% stabilized Soy Wax... Their Patent-Pending process, TEMPACURE, addresses all the above issues.

oh...guess I should have searched first...I'm not sure what wax they are using...I have tried EL Millenium blend before and I don't recall it being any different or smelling any better then any other soy wax...as a matter of fact it did frost and crater quite a bit.:undecided

I spoke with Bruce, and he told me that they did not use the Mill wax. He said that the wax they use is special made for them. So, for all we know stabalized soy could mean anything. Some people "stabalize " their soy wax w/paraffin, beeswax, etc..... You have to watch the wording very carefully, LOL! I do know that they use the tempacure method. There is a pretty lengthy thread here on the board that you can dig up on that process. It's very interesting. :wink2:

Yes, I have a bean pod candle...its the cinnamon roll in the 4.5 oz jar. DH bought it so I could compare, and he bought it at the local John Deere dealer, and it even has a John deere logo on the label..hmm..interesting, anyway, they use zinc wicks, and I have burned it a few times and am not impressed at all. It has never burned to a full melt pool, there is major hang up all the way around the jar so its tunneling. Also the wick is so short, there is barely any flame which eventually just burns itself out! Now, I have no problem giving praise when praise is due, whether its a big company, or a small one...but this candle was disappointing. The scent is pretty good, with a pretty good throw when it is burning...but the look of this candle is pretty nasty! This is just my opinion on their candle that I have burned! Have a great day!

The bottom of this candle says "Soy Basics" which aka is Enchanted Lights which is also Bean Pod...says the thing about the 100% stabalized soy etc...so its the same company, same candles...Jan, you made me curious so I got the pliers out and pulled out the rest of the wick and took it apart...and I stand corrected....its paper in the middle of the wick...got me confused when it was burning and I noticed a wirey looking piece that stuck up in the wick. Just a very tightly rolled paper!! I find it funny that these candles are being sold in heavy equipment dealerships.....made (labeled) just for John Deere..what do we have to compete against next!!! LOL

I am a closet fan of some of Beanpod's fragrances...and the whole tempacure thing is intriguing. I just stand in the giftshop in inhale...their colors are pretty, and the scents are nice. Beyond that, I've never bought them...never burned them, so really I'm no expert. They do have a nice cold throw, but hey, so do ours!

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is an old thread, but I just bought a Soy Inspirations small candle/votive to try and was googling them. Then found this thread. Does anyone know what wick they use. I saw someone else's description about the tight brown paper in the middle and wondered what kind of wick it is. I have so many different wicks and it doesn't match.

Its only been burning for about half an hour....maybe I wont be so interested in a few hours....:D but still wonder about a wick I havent tried yet.

Kathy