How does...

Yankee get that frosty kinda looking candle they make? Wandered into wicks and sticks today to check out candles..yankee has this mottled sort of frosty look to their wax.. I love it but have no clue how to get my wax to look like that or what kind they use! And I dont feel so bad about wet spots anymore because theirs were LOADED with them.. :P

I've been inspecting Yankee candles myself, and I notice that the wax in their tarts is sort of crumbly and grainy. I wonder if it's paraffin because it sort of has the texture of palm wax. Maybe they mix palm and paraffin. I never burned one of their candles before until last night. I bought a cinnamon tart, and boy did that sucker throw.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but their Midsummer's Night is a favorite around my house...my hubby loves it, and I can't seem to dupe it exactly. Personally, though, I don't really care for the mottled look in their container candles...it's lovely in pillars, but in containers...it sort of looks like poor craftsmanship to me...just my opinion. They do have some awesome throwers, but hey, so do we! :wink2:

Sounds like it would be too much of a pain to try , I'll just be happy with what worsk for me, although Id like to try some soy or palm wax if its not to hard to wick. Im happy with the throw Im getting now from j225 but would liek a wax thats a little less exspensive.

If you do plan on venturing into veggie waxes, research them thoroughly on the veggie board...it's a whole different beast than paraffin. And soy can be very tricky to wick if you're not used to it...generally you must wick up an entire size (if not more) for the same container you've been using for your paraffin containers.