Wick pulled out

This happened to me a few times, when i was too impatient to wait ovenight for the wax to set properly! I found a stick metal stick (i used a wicking needle, but a thin knitting needle or a metal skewer might work, don't want it too big).

I heated it very carefully over a flame and pushed it thru the hole the wick had left. The heat from the metal helps melt the wax, and if you twiddle it around the hole a bit, you'll make it bigger. I found i needed to repeat this lots of times! I then primed the wick to go in, it has to be really hard and straight though.

When the hole i'd made was just big enough, i fed the wick through. I then filled up the hole with a bit of melted wax (top and bottom), though this sadly doesn't seal all the way through, just enough to hold the wick in place and as you burn it, the new melted wax should fill in the hole as it goes along.

Probably not suitable for selling or testing, but a nice candle to light and enjoy yourself!