Another bath salt ?

Robin29

Here is my bright idea for bath salts.

Sell the first batch to a customer in a nice glass jar, then sell bags for refills at a lower price. This way, cost of packaging is cut down, it recycles, and cuts down on a customer having a lot of glass jars hanging around.

Has anyone tried this? How did it go?

Hubby did bring up that glass might not be too good of an idea, though.

Thoughts?

Edit because I forgot about wooden scoops, those would be in the starter package as well. Oh, and where can I get wooden scoops?

I love the look of the plastic ones CandleMan has posted. I do not use glass in the bathroom for items like that. I am afraid that a child would break it and get hurt.

OK, Nix the glass. I just thought it would be a nice way to present them to first time buyers and reduce costs.

Back to the drawing board... Cello bags sound good, if I can't find plastic bottles/ jars that I like.

Just a little idea for those who love using glass but after reading this are a bit more wary, lol.... what if you somehow adhered some of that grip foam around the belly of the jar? Yanno that stuff they sell made into place mats and rug holders- looks like lattice work- helps you open jars, etc... seems like it would somehow be a bonus selling point.