My dumb question for the day!

JenT

1st...I want to thank everyone for the easy to start with soap recipes!

Once I got over being scared to death of the lye (lol)...I'm fine now and about to make my second batch!

My question is....how long do I let it dry before I rebatch?

I made my 1st batch on Sunday....I didnt add scent or colors...so use to rebatching I forgot...lol...so I took it out of my homemade shoe box mold and cut it yesterday....I have it drying on a rack right now.

You can rebatch immediately. Fresh soap needs no additional liquid. Best method for me is to shred, then use the roasting bags they sell in the supermarket. Seal very tightly and put in a pot of boiling water. Cut a slit in the bag when melted to pour. Not the fastest method, but the smoothest for me.

You can rebatch immediately. Fresh soap needs no additional liquid. Best method for me is to shred, then use the roasting bags they sell in the supermarket. Seal very tightly and put in a pot of boiling water. Cut a slit in the bag when melted to pour. Not the fastest method, but the smoothest for me.

Thank you! :wink2:

you might want to wear goves cause sometimes there are trace amounts of active lye still present. Ask me how I know

Oh...you don't have to worry about that...lol....I'm not all the way friendly with my lye...lol...I wont let my kids go near my soap....that stuff just really freaks me out...lol