Question bout shrinkwrapping tarts

Hi everyone,

I make jumbo tarts, with 50/50 para-soy votive/pillar blend

and lately When I shrink wrap it, the edge of my tarts gets melted and I'm not fond of it...I like my product to look appealing, not sloppy.

Now, Since i have put them in cello bag and tied it with homespun.

now...the not so appealin bout that is...the wax kinda smears inside the bags.

UGH!! any suggestion??? please!!

Hugs

Dani

I remember reading somewhere... that some people shrink wrap their then bag them. i keep mine in a jar or plastic box , till i fill an order. other wise they get smeared some on bag. i use a parsoy blend. and i make the standard tart mold size, then put in ziplock bag.

I remember reading somewhere... that some people shrink wrap their then bag them. i keep mine in a jar or plastic box , till i fill an order. other wise they get smeared some on bag. i use a parsoy blend. and i make the standard tart mold size, then put in ziplock bag.

i put mine in a plastic box also that i got from wall mart about the size of a shoe box the problem is i have like 25 of them gosh have to make room for them sometime.. lol then i just bag them up when order is ready to go.

:D:P

what if you froze the tarts first?

I have had done that, sometime left to long, yup it crack right to the middle. :(

now, I wonder if it's the blowdryer I use, don't get hot enuf to shrink the wrap quick enuf that the longer I use it the more it gets melted on edge.

could that be it? would a more efficent heat gun work better, if so, what kind, cause the heat gun I have, is MEGA POWERFUL AND MEGA HOT...it's more industrial kind...lol not sure if that's right for shrink wrapping.

any help would be appreciated!

Hugs

Dani

You should get a heat gun like the ones they have in the paint section. It gets really hot but then you would only need to use it for a very short amount of time over the tart hench no melting. I tend to wave mine instead of pointing directly over it for too long.

that's what mine is.....I got mine in paint/wallpaper section.... only mine was about 30 bucks...*only cause it's small town hardware store* lol

but prolly what you have. Ok I'll try them once and see how it works.

Thanks girls

Hugs

Dani

I do mine in shrink wrap. I use the heat gun and I literally go over it for a split second--if you hold it there at all it will melt the tarts and I also keep it at a distance so the wrap gets it. There is a fine art to it I think LOL. Just have to be quick.