Taylored concepts 50/50

I am really LOVING this wax. I have made a couple wickless with it and then poured the left-overs into tart molds. Of coarse, this wax is WAYYYYYYY too soft for tarts...but it does release from the molds when in the freezer for a bit....then they get real soft once they thaw out. The tarts have a WONDERFUL hot throw (watermelon fo)....better than the ezsoy HT.

Can I add something to the 50/50 to make it a bit firmer?

I have been trying to mix it with the 416.....and while the HT is really good....they look HORRID. Worse than plain soy.

But I mixed 10% 50/50, 90% 416, FO (orange sherbert), and after a day the HT is fantastic. WAY better than 416 by itself.

Any suggestion out there on how to firm up the 50/50? Or any suggestions on blending?

I am going to continue testing the 2 waxes together at different %'s.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA

I am really LOVING this wax. I have made a couple wickless with it and then poured the left-overs into tart molds. Of coarse, this wax is WAYYYYYYY too soft for tarts...but it does release from the molds when in the freezer for a bit....then they get real soft once they thaw out. The tarts have a WONDERFUL hot throw (watermelon fo)....better than the ezsoy HT.

Can I add something to the 50/50 to make it a bit firmer?

I have been trying to mix it with the 416.....and while the HT is really good....they look HORRID. Worse than plain soy.

But I mixed 10% 50/50, 90% 416, FO (orange sherbert), and after a day the HT is fantastic. WAY better than 416 by itself.

Any suggestion out there on how to firm up the 50/50? Or any suggestions on blending?

I am going to continue testing the 2 waxes together at different %'s.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA

So what do they look like?

The GB416 pillar wax and the 10% 50/50 should not be too soft since you have 90% soy pillar wax in there.

So what do they look like?

The GB416 pillar wax and the 10% 50/50 should not be too soft since you have 90% soy pillar wax in there.

The 1st batch looked very rippled....that's the best description I can come up with....deep ripples though. 2nd batch looked like cauliflower (well most of them anyhow). I just did another batch, and they look the best (poured at 120*). But they still have ripples....just not so deep.

I think there's a very fine line with the pour temp that I need to find. If I pour too cool they are still ugly and bumpy and with ripples. :undecided

But I love this 50/50...very beautiful wax....great HT... I would like to try to make it work for me.

I like soy blends better than 100% soy too. I like 70% soy 30% Paraffin, that is great for containers but to soft for melts.

Do you have any other pillar wax you can try and mix with the 50/50?

Nope... no pillar wax on hand. I am going to contact Robert at TC and get some though. I will need to do some major testing.

I also tried a 50/50 of the 50/50 and 416 :undecided confusing? They are too soft (of coarse), and the tops look "wrinkled".... and I just made them tonight so I don't know about the hot throw.

I can see why you like the blends better. I didn't know what I was missing..... but now I do. The 50/50 is soooooooo beautiful....the cold throw and hot throw so far is fantastic.

Weird thing is...... my tarts (100% soy) haven't been coming out of the molds "whole". Little bits and pieces keep breaking off. However, the way too soft 50/50 would come out of the molds whole....no problem. Go figure?

I will get some pillar wax and try blending the 2. Thank you for the idea.

I've heard that wax is good. I would try 75% 50/50 & 25% pillar. Not to much pillar....you don't want to have to repour :grin2:

Thank you! I will try this once I get a different pillar wax.

I LOVE the TC 50/50. If nothing else, I will use it for wickless for sure. I haven't gotten to far into testing wicked candles yet :undecided just 2 with "ok' results. But the wickless is really good! I made one scented bear claws....and OMG did it smell delicious!! The whole house smelled of cinnamon and bakery.

MMMMmmmmmmm

Thanks for the tip!!

Thank you! I will try this once I get a different pillar wax.

I LOVE the TC 50/50. If nothing else, I will use it for wickless for sure. I haven't gotten to far into testing wicked candles yet :undecided just 2 with "ok' results. But the wickless is really good! I made one scented bear claws....and OMG did it smell delicious!! The whole house smelled of cinnamon and bakery.

MMMMmmmmmmm

Thanks for the tip!!

I've used the TC 50/50 for wicked candles and the HT on everything I have tried is great! I have tried mixing it 50/50 with 464 but the HT was not good. I just wish it had a little more soy and still burned and looked the same.

I've used the TC 50/50 for wicked candles and the HT on everything I have tried is great! I have tried mixing it 50/50 with 464 but the HT was not good. I just wish it had a little more soy and still burned and looked the same.

I was hoping to keep my wax mixture more on the soy side myself..... but I am afraid it isn't going to happen!(for now anyways)

I did order the TC votive wax... which Robert said he had mixed with the 50/50 before with good results for a single pour, so that is what I am going to try. It should be here tomorrow. :D

I just want a good hot throw....and for my tarts to look a bit more attractive. So I am keeping my fingers crossed....and if it doesn't work...then back to the drawing board!!