Can I use a ceramic pumpkin for a candle?

Hi all!

I stopped by the Dollar Tree this afternoon and they had the cutest little pumpkin "candy dishes". It's a little ceramic pumpkin jack-o-lantern, and it's open at the top. There are two little ghosts on each side of the pumpkin "holding" a handle (which I know would either have to be removed or something, it's metal). Adorable! The ceramic is glazed. I'm wondering if I could pour wax into these (I pour at about 160 or so)? It would make a very cute candle. Has anyone tried this? I'd take a picture, but since I'm still trying to figure out how in the world I get the pictures from my new camera onto the computer.....sorry :) I'll surf around and see if I can find a pic. The candles would just be for me, no selling, just thought they'd be cute Halloween decorations :) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

D

Thanks :) I'm melting wax as we speak! I'm going to try double wicking since it's fairly wide (4" across) and the bottom is wider than the top. I figured I'd pour cooler and pour on a very large baking sheet (with edges) in case the pumpkin cracks. I'll let ya know how it works :)

D

As for getting pictures from camera to computer, my camera (cannon) came with software which I installed. It came with a USB cord that one end plugs into the camera and the other is a USB plug for the computer.

When I want to transfer pics to the computer I just plug the camera into the computer and turn the camera on. The software has an autorun feature and comes on automatically when the camera is turned on. HTH a little...maybe yours is the same or similar.

Thanks all :) And thank you Everito :) I've got the software installed on my computer and I do have the cord. It's just a matter of me getting off my duff and downloading the pics. I'm going to work on it today. I did make a candle out of the pumpkin and it came out ADORABLE! I double wicked it (pain in the butt), but I'm hoping it will burn nicely. I'll work on that pic! Thanks again!

D