Walmart Candle Warmer

I put a jar on the warmer to test today...waited and noticed that it wasn't melting very quickly. I went to check the warmer...no light showing it to be on...wiggled the cord and the light would come and go. Looks like it has a short in it!? The warmer hasn't been used much. Not very safe I'm thinking. Also the bottom gets really hot when it is on...is this normal? Ginger

Hey...yeah I bought one from walmart too and used it twice and have put it away. It didnt seem to work very well either...not hot enough to melt the wax yet the white plastic part was hot as you know what.

I did a search on candle warmers...past posts said Rival has a good coffee warmer....20-24 watts and was giving the price of 2.50....higher wattage melts better. I think Wallyworld is 17 or18 watts. I'll put it on my to-do list for tomorrow. Good thing I get up early....list is really getting long. I hate going to Wallyworld unless I get there at 5-6 am.... before the rest of the world arrives. Ginger

I've got three of the Walmart 17 watt candle warmers in my house that I use, with stainless steel pinch bowls for melting tarts, and have never had a problem with them not being hot enough or that the unit itself gets too hot. But I guess if you were trying to melt a container candle...that might be a whole other story. They're great for melting tarts though.

I love those Rival warmers; they're the best buy for the $$ that I've found. You're unlikely to find them now, though; they're a seasonal item for Christmas, so I'm thinking it will probably be around the first of November before they start carrying them again. Please post here if you do find them; I'd like to get some as soon as possible and I normally avoid WM like the plague. I takes something major like this to get me to go there.:grin2: