M&p Soap..did Not Lather Enough

gagal40

I MADE A SMALL BATCH OF M&P SOAP USED ALOE VERA BASE...DIDN'T ADD ANYTHING BUT COLORANT AND SCENT...MY DTR-IN-LAW USED IT...I'M NEW TO THIS SO WANTED SOMEONE TO TEST IT...SHE SAID THE SMELL LASTER, BUT IT DID NOT LATHER VERY MUCH...HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM?

TKS:confused:

"It is better to give than to receive"

"Have a blessed day"

I'm new to M & P and have made some wonderfully lathering soaps using WSP bases, but I made a bar of WSP M & P the other day in which I added some castor oil and kokum butter- which turned out a nice and creamy bar BTW- but it did not bubble at all. :embarasse I got on the net and read a post by someone who uses a small amount (1.5 tsp per lb.) of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap to her melted base for extra bubbling action. I did not have that particular liquid soap on hand, but I did have some concentrated liquid soap base from WSP, and so I took my non-lathering bar of soap and remelted it and mixed in a very small amount of the liquid soap base before pouring. Now my stubborn bar suds very nicely. :D You may want to try doing something like that if your soap just won't bubble for whatever reason. HTH! :)

MarieJeanette

I was thinking what Carrie mentioned, that maybe you used too much FO and/or colorant for the amount of base soap used. ??

This is all experimentation really to see which bases work the best for you, and which ingredients help/hinder the results you're looking for in your soap.

That's why I can't just make a new type of soap and sell it right away, everything has to be tested in numerous ways before being sent out into the world. ;)

I've been useing cocamidopropyl betaine which is a bubble booster. I found it on ebay. I use about 1/2 tablespoon per 2# of M&P soap base. It works really good. I do want to try the castor oil but just keep forgeting to buy it. HTH Cindy/WI

I'm the one who adds the liquid soap. I got that tip from another board, and I do that since I add some other oils that probably will cut the lather. I use SFIC base and with the added liquid, I always have good creamy lather, no problem. I think the base makes all the difference as others have said.

I'm the one who adds the liquid soap. I got that tip from another board, and I do that since I add some other oils that probably will cut the lather. I use SFIC base and with the added liquid, I always have good creamy lather, no problem. I think the base makes all the difference as others have said.

Thank you so much for that suggestion and for identifying yourself! :) I couldn't remember who had written the original post regarding adding the liquid soap, but now that I know, I just wanted to write and thank you because since I have used your tip, my soaps with added butters bubble up wonderfully. My WSP bases that I've been using lather great on their own and I've been very happy with them, but when I experiment and add my extra emollient goodies like kokim butter, all I get is cream with no bubbles. :embarasse Castor oil on its own does not seem to be a problem so far, though. I got some SFIC bases last night to to try out and compare because everyone raves about them, and I can hardly wait to start melting! :D I got their Goat Milk base and their Shea base.

MarieJeanette