Has anyone been successful at making a black candle?

I tried to make some black candles the other night for Halloween...all I got was "GREY" I started with a pound of GW 444 wax and put in 5 drops of Jet Black liquid color. I actually did like the grey color, will work great for Flannel Sheets and Storm Watch but it won't make it for Halloween. Has anyone been successful at making a black candle...if so any suggestions? :smiley2:

i had to use 30 drops of mc's black dye per lb to get a dark black.

i know it's alot, but i had no trouble with the wick getting clogged, was just expermenting to see just how many it would take to make it really black and it worked. i use 100% soy.

i had to use 30 drops of mc's black dye per lb to get a dark black.

i know it's alot, but i had no trouble with the wick getting clogged, was just expermenting to see just how many it would take to make it really black and it worked. i use 100% soy.

Per lb?

Dixie

i use the black powder dye at BCN and got a good true black and it didn't affect the burn at all...here's an example:

chocolateorangerusticoy3.th.jpg

if your black dyes give a purple tone, you can help get a true black by adding a bit of yellow.

Never tried or thought about it.Really wasn't sure about being able to sell one.Halloween is approaching so MIGHT be cute but not sure about the sales.Now for Witches Brew that would be the best choice. I'll think about it but I use color blocks so will take some doing to see what will be black black.I have a black color block.So see I have the color but never used it.

LynnS