Just got Solas order

OFCILynn

I just received my order from Solas candle & bath!! WOW!! Granted, UPS just left 15 mins ago so I havent tested these out yet but here is my review OOB!!!

Scents I really like OOB and will reorder again if they work great in products

Bayberry

Autumn Leaves

Iced Gingerbread.........Makes your mouth water!!

Orange Clove........Very nice holiday scent!

Pine.........Oh yea, it smells like PINE alright! LOL

Hot Chocolate..........this scent is to die for!! Smells JUST like HC!!!

Winter..........very minty scent!

Candy Corn..........not overly strong but does smell like CC!!

Apple Pie.......you can really smell the apples and cinnamon in this one! Could use a tiny bit more of a apple scent to it though!

Brooklyn Biscotti...........Dead on scent!!

Coffee......................Dead on scent!

White Tea and Ginger.........very nice mild scent!

Kojiki......nice island scent

Mango Tea.........smells like a mild dupe of Love Spell to me!

Scents that smell ok but will have to test in products to really know first!

Angel Food Cake.........I can smell almond undertones in this one

Chocolate.......does smell like a chocolate candy bar

Eucalyptus.......not a typical Eucalyptus scent OOB

Vanilla Plum.........have to really test this one to know if I like or not! Not as fond of OOB!

Drakkar Type

Chris was wonderful to deal with and very prompt on my order and had some wonderful recommendations!! Most I believe that I will reorder in large quantities!! His prices are very reasonable! If you havent already, check out this supplier and order yourself some of the sample packs! YOU pick the scents you want to try!!!

Thanks Chris, you did a great job!!

Thank You!

God Bless,

Lynn

Edited to add that I will do additional reviews after I test these scents!!

Hint on the winter ... don't use a full oz per lb of wax LOL! Unless you like an in-your-face mint smell. Heck you loaded up!

BTW I found the Kojiki to oh be a little strong at 1 oz per lb in soap. But then it's only been a day. Mixes wonderfully though.

And let me know what you think when you get those into wax. I can't take an OOB review lol.

LOL You got it girl, I will do actual reviews AFTER I get these FO's in some products! I also know that each wax and such is going to make it different so.........it will be fun to test but........most of these are only samples! LOL I have had some FO's that smelled wonderful OOB but awful in wax so......I wont give a final decision about some of these till I do some testing but thus far, Im impressed with what I have gotten thus far!

Ill tell ya, Im not a chocolate freak like most, but I think I am going to have to make me a hot chocolate before I go to bed tonight!! This scent is amazing!! The ideas are running through my head for using these scents!! LOL I wonder if they have a whipped cream FO out there somewhere! LOL

I just got that Catalpa in with this order so Ill be making more of the jars up soon and Ill send you one as promised for you to check out......and because youre so sweet!! Thanks for turning me on to this company hon!!

God Bless,

Lynn

Hi. The cart gives prices that are preset and are basically what UPS charges ME to ship packages. About 8 times out of 10 the cart ends up underestimating and I end up paying the difference (happened twice today in fact). If the difference is grossly disportionate, I will refund the difference in shipping to the customer. Please keep in mind, too, that the first pound is most costly, and 2nd pound and higher is only a small increase in price. Hope that helps address your concerns. :)

Is there something wrong with their shipping calculator??? I put 6 f/o's in the shopping cart totaling 10 oz and shipping charges are $10.00?????

Well I could put six FOs in the shopping cart total of 10 oz and shipping isn't $10, but less. I also know that Chris ships fast and I've no complaints about his customer service. Let's put it this way, if you think he pads on shipping, he doesn't.

And UPS is probably the more reliable shipping method out there, even if rates have gone up. I know the women don't object when the guy in brown shows up at the office ;)

Lynn

Don't know if Solas has a whipped cream scent but some candle companies do.I forget where I saw it.Yes that hot chocolate does sound good.Cute in a coffer mug.

The only chocolate I tried is HOT FUDGE BROWNIE and it is awesome and dead on what it should be.YUMMY.

LynnS