tart blends

I have been playing around with mixing waxes for my tarts. I am finding that in some electric melters my tarts don't melt, so I wanted to lower the melt point by mixing 70% soy and 30% V wax.

I think the blending is locking in the scent throw. If I do one or the other its great but when I mix it seems not to smell as strong If at all???? Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have tried different ratios and still the blends suck ( for lack of a better word.)

I am mixing 415 and Astrolite V.

Does anyone have any suggustions for making a strong soy blend for a tart?

I have seen the soy tarts that are really soft and almost the consistancy of wet sidewalk chalk. I would like to avoid that because I don't think they will ship well. However at this point I will take what I can get.

TIA

Tweek

Yeah I am curing for about a week. Still I have no throw. I just can't figure out why the heck one works on its own and another on its own but not together. Bad marriage I guess.

So if I can do the V, what should I add? I want to be able to get the soy tarts out of silicon molds so no steric.

I am going to pull my hair out over this stuff.

Does anyone mind sharing a recipe with me? I promise I wouln't tell:D

You probably won't want my recipe since you are doing the soy thing...mine's paraffin. I've never used the V wax, but I have heard that it doesn't throw very well. If you want to use a strictly soy combination, perhaps you might want to consider getting a soy pillar wax to blend with your straight soy...such as KY Candle Supply's soy pillar/votive blend.