newbie help......fundraiser help

crystalb

ok, here's the story......i enrolled my daughter in a private school this year and they do a few different fund raisers. i was thinking that the little cardboard airfresheners would probably do good. i have NEVER done this before so does anybody know what i should sell them for? should i suggest them order so many, like a min. order? any advice is greatly appreciated!

I have thought about those too but the org would have to sell bunches to make money.It would to me be like all other fundraisers.Give the shapes and let them decide which ones and also the selected scents.Might be easier than candles but candles are most of what fundraisers are.Also be sure that you order in time because these are made when ordered from the company I get mine from. I like the company and their designs.Also good customer service.

IMO I would get them to take orders and if you sell them for $2.50 say they get $1.25 or $1.00 each.Just figure what you have.ALso offer only about 12 scents and keep those stocked to have on hand.So the freshener, bags, label and scent is what you need to consider when making them and deicde from there what to give them(percentage) I know the blanks are about 40-45 cents each.

LynnS

you know, every time that i have tried to make the aroma bead ornies.....i sniff it, it smells great....i put it in my car and i can hardly smell a thing.:mad: that ticks me off b/c they are soooo cute!

thanks for the advice on how to price them. i was kinda scared someone would respond and be a smart a**. i've had that happen on here before. i know that they already do a yankee candle fund raiser......and i really don't think i can compete as far as candles go. a lot of people don't want to stray from a popular name brand.

anyways...thanks SOOOOO much. :D

My customers are YAN*** and Part* Li** people.They loved those candles but buy mine now.Only get them when 40% off.

Alot of raves about my candles after they tried them.Last forever, strong scent and reasonable.Hey they just MIGHT change if you let the person who organizes the fundraiser try one of your candles.

LynnS

ok, here's the story......i enrolled my daughter in a private school this year and they do a few different fund raisers. i was thinking that the little cardboard airfresheners would probably do good. i have NEVER done this before so does anybody know what i should sell them for? should i suggest them order so many, like a min. order? any advice is greatly appreciated!

Ok, are you a newbie to FundRaising? Or a newbie period? If you are a newbie to everything then I would greatly suggest that you perfect whatever item you plan to offer before throwing it out on the table for kids to do a fund raiser.

FundRaisers are a lot of hard work...be prepared.

I should have elaborated on that kimberly......i have been doing candles for a little over 6 years (still a newbie imo). i have NEVER done any type of fundraising. sorry about that!:wink2:

that's a great idea though....i could just give here some different things to try for herself and then go from there! THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR THAT SUGGESTION! It would just feel good to do something to help. i looked at some old posts on here and saw the recipe for a scented playdough type air freshener. i played with them, but i couldn't get it to harden all the way. i'll keep tinkering with it and maybe those will work. it's such a cool idea......if i could get the dern things to harden!:mad:

thanks for the help!