Has anyone ever rebatched in a crockpot?

skg

If so - how did it go? I shredded a bunch of left over ends and am trying the crockpot to melt them. Its a bunch of colored/scented ends and I'm a little curious how it will look - any tips are appreciated. Thanks, Sandy

I rebatch in a crock pot every time I have a to redo a batch of soap. If its a recent batch, You don't usually need to add anymore liquids but you will for older batches. I cut my soap up into little pieces or grate it up. If cutting, try to get them as little as possible. Then its into the cp it all goes on high making sure to stir alot so it doesn't burn to the sides as much. Alot of times, I add more oils and butters or GM to help it melt down better. Once all melted, I put into whatever mold I am using. It won't be the prettiest soap you made, but it will be nice. HTH

I've rebatched in a crock pot and it came out very nice. I like it much better than the microwave or the boil in the bag. So far I've rebatched only 3 times in the crock so I don't have a lot of experience. It looks like hp when it's done( melting) and I don't add any water but maybe a little more FO or oil. It dries very fast so getting it into the mold quickly is important.

HTH

Thanks for all the tips - I didnt add any liquids at this point, its still shredded pieces. I've never done a rebatch but found directions for the boil in the bag - but thought the crockpot might be easier.