Hello I am a newbie

Hi I am new to candle making and would like to know if anyone can tell me

where I would find information on how to make a particular sort of candle.

They are aromatherapy candles that are open in the middle and you burn

a tea light candle in the middle of them to burn the smell off.

Centre is hollow.

Many thanks Helen:)

That is a Lantern, made with a balloon filled with water. The water balloon is dipped, repeatedly in a vat of wax. Once you have dipped it enough times to get the thickness you desire, release the water from the balloon and you are left with a wax shell. I put sand in the bottom of mine to keep the candle from heating up the bottom of the lantern, and damaging it. You will need a large vat, filled with enough wax to submerge the balloon (make sure it doesn't overflow when the balloon displaces the wax). I use a paraffin with melt point of 149, and dip at 160 degrees. I am not sure if the dipping temperature would work for all varieties of wax, this is something you may have to experiment with, or someone else may have some info for you. HTH Janette PS-This may not be the easiest project to start with, but have fun.

That is a Lantern, made with a balloon filled with water. The water balloon is dipped, repeatedly in a vat of wax. Once you have dipped it enough times to get the thickness you desire, release the water from the balloon and you are left with a wax shell. I put sand in the bottom of mine to keep the candle from heating up the bottom of the lantern, and damaging it. You will need a large vat, filled with enough wax to submerge the balloon (make sure it doesn't overflow when the balloon displaces the wax). I use a paraffin with melt point of 149, and dip at 160 degrees. I am not sure if the dipping temperature would work for all varieties of wax, this is something you may have to experiment with, or someone else may have some info for you. HTH Janette PS-This may not be the easiest project to start with, but have fun.

Try and see if you can pm Donita. She is AMAZING at these candles. She is the expert in the balloon candle area. Her candles are GORGEOUS......