Body Shop home fragrance oil

candlebean

Hi everyone,

I was nosing around the Body Shop this weekend and saw some home fragrance oil that they now sell...I don't know if this is a new thing or if it's been around a while (can you tell I go in there a lot?) LOL. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used these or made them...I know some of you have made them, but my big question is this: Is it better to use FO or EO for the scented oil? I figure I have to cut them with DPG, but I was just curious what your thoughts were on this one....TIA! :smiley2:

I've use the Body Shop's oils to scent the room. But, their oils are different than the FO's we buy from suppliers to make candles, soaps & b&B products. Their oils, you just add a few drops to a mini burner, that's it. With the FO's we use, you'd have to add something to the oils in the burners, or the oils would burn. You'd have to add water or some wax, etc.... I have done both. I have used the Body Shops stuff and I've also used FO's from suppliers and actually just added a little wax to the burner to make a version of instant "tarts". Bath & Body Works and White Barn candle also sell small bottles/vials or oils that can be added straight to a small sized burner with no water.

Do you know what's in their oils? First I was thinking I would have to add oil enhancer to it, but thought that might be too strong or a fire hazard....unless DPG is an enhancer. I'm not really sure and just got home from a long weekend so I haven't had time to research it very much.....at least I have a new project for myself tomorrow!