Any kid friendly B&B recipes??

TartAddict

Hi all!

One of my friend's is having a "spa" theme party for her daughter's 7th birthday. She's asked me to look for some easy bath and body type crafts that the kids can do to go with the spa theme. Thanks to MaryAnn, I have a good bath salt recipe to start with. I would love any other kid friendly recipes you guys might have :) The girls will range in ages from 5-10, so I guess it can't be to complex (I can just see them trying to make a whipped body butter, LOL).

Thanks so much!

D

You might try checking in the recipe section. There are so many great recipes over there that you might find one or two that you like.

You could also go with some bases that the girls just color, scent and package. That might be a good idea too and will keep their attention long enough for them to finish. Some stuff might take too long for that.

Thank you, Meredith :)

I've been digging through the recipes and have gotten a few ideas. I did think of using a lotion base, but the party is Friday...hmmmm.....Soapies Supplies is not to far away, I bet we could get a base from them.....off to check :)

Thanks!

D

My daughter LOVES to make glitter gelle and she is 5..she likes to squish it around in the zip lock bags..

wallyworld has the clear aloe gel..get some body glitter..you can even get that at walmart in the makeup section..and so girly FO..she like pink sugar..fruity stuff..actually anything if she gets to make it.. and some B&B dyes or just make it clear with the glitter..not hard at all...and if my 5 year old can do it..without making a horrid mess.. anyones can.

First thing that came to my mind was Rachel's idea ~ glitter gel perfume.

Also you can get the soap bases at Michaels and Joanns, along w/ soap molds and make bars of soap. You can even add embeds to the soap. I only make individual mold soaps so I cut the soap base into small pieces, put in a pyrex measuring cup and cover w/ sarah wrap and nuke in short spurts so the base doesn't bubble/boil. You can add other oils/butters BUT you don't have to. If you don't have B&B colorant you can use food coloring in a pinch (only a drop or two). Also a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol is a good idea as bubbles do get incorporated into the base along the way (once the base is in the mold you can spray the mold a couple of times and the bubbles will disappear). OR get the nylon puffs at Walmart and dip them into the melted soap base for soap on a puff (whatever they're called). I don't make my own body spray so I don't know the ingredients involved, but that's something you could research on here if you have the ingredients and use the small colored bottles in the sample bin section in Walmart's health'n beauty aids dept. ** NOTE the base will be hot so parent involvement is key, but doing it individually helps.

Lava Lip Gloss is another.... boy I wish I would have known I could have helped you put together and even sold you the ingredients/packaging you needed :cry2: that you didn't have. There's soooo many choices I LUV kids products! GL sounds like fun .... you could also add in there painting nails and styling hair if your short on products to make ?!

Edited to say that since they are so young a clear soap base w/ embeds would be fun and the easiest and to not even add FO ~ just a thought!

Ah thanks :) You guys are so sweet! My friend is actually planning on having little "stations" for the girls...hair styling (she's a hairstylist), nails, makeup...we thought that it would be fun for the girls to have a spa themed project to do between stations. I actually ordered the ingredients and bottles for the lava lip gloss yesterday. I just don't have the vitamin E, but I don't think it will hurt to leave it out. Luckily Soapie-Supplies is in AZ and I can do pickup! And we're going to try the fairy dust glitter gel recipe that I got on here (I've made it with my girls and it was very fun :) And yes, glittery is good! LOL. And of course the bath salts should be easy for them! It should be a fun little party (whatever happened to princess themed parties, LOL).

Thank you guys for all your wonderful ideas and help! I do appreciate it!!

Deirdre

Sounds PERFECT!! BTW you can get Vit E at Walmart in the vitamin aisle, liquid or gel form. I also bought some the other day at Kmart w/ no additives in it (other oils). HAVE FUN *getdown*

Ah thanks :) You guys are so sweet! My friend is actually planning on having little "stations" for the girls...hair styling (she's a hairstylist), nails, makeup...we thought that it would be fun for the girls to have a spa themed project to do between stations. I actually ordered the ingredients and bottles for the lava lip gloss yesterday. I just don't have the vitamin E, but I don't think it will hurt to leave it out. Luckily Soapie-Supplies is in AZ and I can do pickup! And we're going to try the fairy dust glitter gel recipe that I got on here (I've made it with my girls and it was very fun :) And yes, glittery is good! LOL. And of course the bath salts should be easy for them! It should be a fun little party (whatever happened to princess themed parties, LOL).

Thank you guys for all your wonderful ideas and help! I do appreciate it!!

Deirdre

Thanks, MaryAnn!! I picked up my supplies to make the lava lip gloss this morning, so I'm going to give it a whirl this afternoon. I hope it comes out okay! And thank you for letting me know where to get Vitamin E. I'll definitely swing by WalMart later and look for it! You've been such a great help :) THanks to all of you!

D