Suggestions please

skg

A little background: I have very sensitive skin.. and am new to soapmaking (3 CP batches made)... I took advantage of bitter creek south sample sale and got a bunch of fragrance oils... my favorite was the Country Clothesline. My question: Is there an EO combo that smells similar? I havent purchased many EO's mainly because of price... but unscented soap is a little boring! lol TIA, Sandy

I doubt you'd be able to duplicate it yourself with just some EOs. I don't know what's in Downy Original beyond (synthetic) musk, but I do know it's a very complex fragrance (I worked for the fragrance company that manufactured one part of the fragrance, and that part probably has more than 40 components).

BTW, I too have sensitive skin, but find I am more likely to get irritation from EOs than from FOs.

Oh really? I guess I thought that since eo's were "real" they would be less irritating... thanks Carol! I have tried a bar of the clothesline scent that I made - so far so good - I'm just leary.. before I decided to make my own soap I was only able to use Ivory..I do not want to see another bar of that soap again!