How important is...

A logo? I have chosen a name, FINALLY!!! But have chosen not to have a particular LOGO or image. However, I ordered some business cards from Vistaprint and chose one with the cutest hanging monkey, nothing to do with candles or my name, but it caught my eye out of the 300+ images. They say go with your first instinct, but what do you think?

A logo? I have chosen a name' date=' FINALLY!!! But have chosen not to have a particular LOGO or image. However, I ordered some business cards from Vistaprint and chose one with the cutest hanging monkey, nothing to do with candles or my name, but it caught my eye out of the 300+ images. They say go with your first instinct, but what do you think?[/quote']

I don't think you have to have a specific "logo". But I do think you need a "look" something that will help your customers recognize that this is a Daisy D'Light Candle. You should always use the same font and layout. Your colors can vary but only if your labels are very recognizable due to the font and layout.

A good way to keep you layout the same is to design a label that you LOVE. Then change out the scent, size and price ONLY for each item you sell. If you sell tarts and containers you could have a bit of variety between those 2 products, but it still needs to be recognizable as your product.

The marketing term is called "product recognition". You want your customers to be able to look at a shelf full of candles and pick out the 1 that is yours just by recognizing the "look" of your label/product.

JMHO

Dat

In keeping with what DatCandleMaker said, a logo also helps with product recognition. What comes to mind when you think of McDonalds, Toys R Us, or even Wendy's? Granted these are major corporations but they branded themselves with a logo that when people see it they instantly know what company it belongs to. That, and a catch phrase.