Bath salts

Hi. Just a question. One of our Bible School crafts is bath salts using just Epsom salts and having the kids color with a drop of food coloring. For kicks I tried adding one of my candle scents that is bath and body safe. I added a few drops and it stinks. Then I tried using half baking soda and it was a bit better but not good enough to send home with the kids. What can I do to make these salts smell good? It can't be too expensive or not readily available. So far I tried rose and raspberry blossom FO and neither were good in my opinion. TIA for any recipe help. Beth

I was just looking at another thread with a link to recipes. There are several for bath salts using Epson and baking soda. I mainly just looked at the therapeutic ones. Those said to add a bit of carrier oil such as olive, almond, etc. You might want to take a look at that thread and link. There are hundreds of recipes!

Hey thanks. I have coconut and I have mango papaya. Maybe mix these? About how much do you add? I just put in a few drops in about 1/2 C or so and thought maybe it doesn't mix with Epsoms. Maybe I'll try mix these others and add a bit more to the salts? As you can see, I am definitely not a B&B person. Was your VBS about the Artic? Ours starts in a week. Thanks again. Beth