How to build a soap recipe!!!

Bunny

Thanks for answering the questions Robin & Eugenia, we've been out preparing for the hurricane all day, and still have loads more to do tommorow. Will be out of touch til Tuesday morning if it doesn't hit us, and for who knows how long if it does!

Now, everyone better have some soap made by the time I get back!

Well, Bunny using your guidelines, I built my own recipe last night. I haven't unmolded it yet - I was actually the perfect girl (first time for everything right?) and didn't even touch it after putting my ingredients in my mold. NOt even for one peak!! I did a straight cp and scented it with Lemongrass and Star Anise. I bought this FO and think it stinks so if it doesn't turn out, I figure I didn't waste an FO I like. Here's my recipe:

15% CO

15% Lard

15% PKO

15% OO

10% SAO

10% Grapeseed Oil

10% RBO

5% Shea

5% Castor

14 oz water

6.7 oz lye

Next time I think I will sub out the SAO for some Hemp and the Grapeseed for some avocado oil.

Thanks E!! I appreciate your opinion. :smiley2: I've made up my own recipes before but I always struggled with getting the hardness and conditioning to better numbers. I'm looking very foward to trying this bar out. The FO plays out much better in the soap than I was anticipating. I also swirled Black Onyx in it. Its unmolded but not cut. I'm trying to take my time cutting this so I don't screw it up. I have recently purchased the Uplands mold with cut lines and those buggers still aren't easy to follow to get a straight cut. :P I've messed up cutting the other batches I've done.