Me too!!! Bunny

mysticglow

Will ya teach me too!!!:rolleyes2

Thought I would post my recipe to see what ya think. I ran it through the sooz but after reading the other post I'm concerned about the % of Palm oil.

So, how am I doing?? :wink2:

40% Olive

20% Palm

20% Palm Kernal

10% Coconut

5% Castor

5% Cocoa Butter

That's going to be a super lathering bar with the high palm kernal, but palm kernal doesn't seem to dry like the coconut does. I use both of these too for bubblage! I've soaped a recipe that I could swear is this to a tee, and I think you'll be pleased! Just be sure to stir that palm everytime before you soap, as there's stearic in the palm, and when it melts the stearic sinks to the bottom and messes up the end batches of soap.

:) :) :) :)

Could not stirring it up be what causes the soap to get super thick? I am at the bottom of a 5lb. container of Palm. And the last batch I made (same recipe) got super thick fast. I thought it was the FO. Could be the FO but thought I'd ask. I am still a work in progress for soaping. :rolleyes2

Hey, I'm a work in progress too! I don't think you can ever stop learning when it comes to this stuff!

Do you have another container of palm? If so, mix it in with the old stuff and stir it up well. If not, well, go order some!! lol

What fo was it that you soaped? Enquiring minds want to know!

I have more Palm on order but it won't be here until next week. Guess I will have to try out a new recipe this weekend.

The FO was Drakkar from Alabaster. This is the first time that I have used it so I have nothing to compare it to. I posted a pic of this soap in the gallery. You can see that where I 'TRIED' to swirl just ended up cutting big canyons into my soap. But it does smell yummy. :cheesy2: