M&P Faux Handmade Soap

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to the website. I mainly make candles and a few bath items (bath salts, milk bath & soon bath bombs).

:D No disrespect to people to make handmade soap, but I don't have the time or space to add such an operation.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck making M&P soap look like handmade soap? Not that I want to fool anyone, I just love the look of it. I was thinking about lining a mold with a garbage bag to give it some texture and trying to texturize the top with a spoon or something. Then I could cut them up into bars. If I can't get this look with M&P I might try rebatch.

Anybody sucessful doing this? Or is it a waste of my time & money?

Thanks!

www.ShannonsScents.com

I am sure that others will chime in but I used to do just M&P when I first started.

The consistancy is so different that I think that it would be hard. CP soap when poured is like cream. M&P it is more liquid and not thick. Even if you let it set and pour at a cooler temp it is still very thin.

Try it out and see what you can create. The best thing about M&P is if you don't like it you can just remelt it and start over again.

HTH.

I tried rebatching, but I really didn't like the results. I do the m&p either shea butter or goat milk base. I use both myself and love it. I mostly give away to benefits in baskets, but I have gotten a few paying customers that love it. They like being able to pick their fragrances, etc. Since looking at the gallery pics of cp soap, I now have the urge to do that. However, I'm so busy these days that I just don't have the time to learn all that there is to learn about it. I'm grateful for the m&p base sellers out there!

I personally don't like the look of the lumpy soap tops. But, I think you can goof up the top your your m&p if you wait until it's almost set and then take a spoon and rough up the top by stirring it only part of the way down. That should break up some solid pieces that will float to the top and cling to other solid parts around the edges. You might need to do this a few times at different stages.

I've seen MP that fooled me and looked like CP once. It was so close to the look of CP that it was incredible. tlc26 did it, maybe she'll give you some pointers if she can remember the process.

You'll probably be better off trying to wholesale some CP if that's an option for you. But honestly... the time you're going to take layering this MP to make it look like something it's not could be spent making a batch of CP. My MP soap making takes me way longer to make than just a batch of CP.

I've seen MP that fooled me and looked like CP once. It was so close to the look of CP that it was incredible. tlc26 did it, maybe she'll give you some pointers if she can remember the process.

You'll probably be better off trying to wholesale some CP if that's an option for you. But honestly... the time you're going to take layering this MP to make it look like something it's not could be spent making a batch of CP. My MP soap making takes me way longer to make than just a batch of CP.

totally agree... m&p takes soooo much longer and is in a lot of ways more 'fussy'.... I am so hooked on cp... i have a 25 lb block of m&p i got almost 3 months ago that I havent even touched lol...

I don't have the time for CP either..I am going with the loaf for MP soap.. I hate trying to get them out of the little molds and that is very time consuming..this way I can cut the loaf the way I want. with a wavy cutter or staight..I was also thinking of cutting a bar..and using a small cookie cutter to cut the center out of one color soap..and then another and switching the inserts that I cut out to create a pattern in the middle of the soap..

I know some people look down on MP like it is not real soap..but since this is all I have time for I use it..and people buy it. :D ..so it works for me

I use the silk & shea, goats milk, and honey.

I also just made some brown sugar soap with the silk n shea stuff.

There are sooooo many possibilites with MP..do a search on it..and you will find lots and lots of recipes.:wink2: