Tarts

Hello everyone and thanks for the wonderful threads that I have read for quite a while.

I would like to do more than I have with the candle kits I have used so far. I was hoping for a little advice on tarts. Mainly I could use some recomendations on soy waxes to use, best temps for working with and adding frag. and pouring temps. Best places to get dies and fragrances. ect.

My first tries were disasters (mainly removing from molds).

I would like a few options to experiment with and find the ones that work best for me. I think that would be a good avenue as I see you all have many different views. (And they have all been wonderful)

Any way thanks and I will take any help I can get on tarts including wicks for floaters. We burn a lot of candles and love to give them as gifts. I think the giving would be more fun if we could make them and add our own personal touch.

Hello everyone and thanks for the wonderful threads that I have read for quite a while.

I would like to do more than I have with the candle kits I have used so far. I was hoping for a little advice on tarts. Mainly I could use some recomendations on soy waxes to use, best temps for working with and adding frag. and pouring temps. Best places to get dies and fragrances. ect.

My first tries were disasters (mainly removing from molds).

I would like a few options to experiment with and find the ones that work best for me. I think that would be a good avenue as I see you all have many different views. (And they have all been wonderful)

Any way thanks and I will take any help I can get on tarts including wicks for floaters. We burn a lot of candles and love to give them as gifts. I think the giving would be more fun if we could make them and add our own personal touch.

I make small batches right now but this is how I do it. Mixture of soy pillar and container wax. heat to 180f. color @ 170 fo @ 170 pour @ 145 freezer 1-2 min. for mold release. Have had great outcomes everytime. This is just my method, and hey it works for me.

Joy

I use Pam cooking spray and have since I started tarts.They just fall out of mold.I don't have to spray everytime.Just once in awhile.Seems when I first sprayed this helped alot and just do it when needed.I use soy pillar/tart wax also.A harder wax but would like to use my regular soy but to soft.

LynnS

I am interested in wicks too for floaters because doing a wedding.Need to test for those I assume.All floaters are different.Whatever, I am sure it would be a small wick.I have some time to work on it and decide what I want.Think it will be roses and what I believe they also prefer.Going to add those to my site too.

LynnS