***Melting Pot jar update***

As many of you know, I love the jar, but had some trouble wicking it earlier in the year. I had a test candle fail due to drowning wicks. Also, some of our 415 users had similar problems with drowning wicks in different jars, and others with the same jar with wicking issues. At that point, I started to panic and began my Mad Scientist quest for my own perfect soy blend.

Naturally, GB had introduced and given us samples of their new container waxes, the 444, 449, and 464. Some worked OK, some worked well, some not at all.

Anyway, after much testing, late nights, cursing and hair pulling (not to mention bad advice from my lab assistant, Bobbie the Bobcat) I think I've found a good wax blend that is 100% soy AND allows me to single wick in the 16 oz melting pot jar. It uses either 464 alone or 402 with 2-3% USA. for my keepsake jars, I'm using a proprietary blend of 415 and 402 with USA, and am still experimenting with using BW in place of the USA.

The entire purpose of my experiments was to find a blend that would throw well and still allow me to pour relatively hot (125-135) with minimal post pour maintenance. Along with working in the MP jar.

I welcome your comments!

geek

Hi Geek, I looked at those jars. They sure look pretty. Are they tapered (as it looks) and how much smaller is the opening than the width of the jar? The 9 oz. said 3" dia and 3 1/2" high. Just wondering about the other parts. I guess I could email them, but thought you would know. TIA. Beth